Monday, August 10, 2009

Friend



I wrote this poem thinking of the day
you became part of my life
who starts my day off right.

The presence of you never makes me feel alone
even on days when we only talk on the phone.

You strengthen me when I am weak,
you lift my spirits when I am down with a frown.

You turn darkness into streaming rays of light
that shine so bright
it could blind your sight.

A friend never looks down upon you
or makes you feel incomplete
lie a statue made of concrete.

A friend never feels selfish. hatred or
resentment on the things you do
despite the times when I am a shrew.

A friend holds you close to their heart
like a newborn baby hearing their mothers heart.

A friend is an angel sent from above
that symbolizes the unique
characteristics of a white dove.

No comments:

Post a Comment