Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Snowball

I walk outside to greet the snowball
And notice how handsome he has become
It sits there with such grace that
Every creature and every man admire his beauty
So fragile with white skinned face that
With a single touch more wrinkles will appear
I am afraid
Afraid of waking up and not seeing the snowball
Afraid that the sun itself will melt it all away
I ask for time
Time to keep the snowball to myself
Time so he won't leave me all alone
I walk inside my red-brick home
And look back and notice how time has passed
I notice water on the floor
I do not want to let go
As I keep walking towards my home
I look down and notice puddles on the floor
Drip Drop Drip Drop
Is all I hear
But I look back and notice
My snowball is still here
I smile at him like nothing's wrong
But I will not let him know
I am afraid
I ask for time
And I do not want to let him go

No comments:

Post a Comment