Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Triumph

As the eldest of two siblings from a single income family that grew up here in the Lower Rio Grande Valley, I know firsthand how difficult it can be to make ends meet. Nonetheless, through pure determination one can triumph and become successful. I held a part-time job and worked afterschool throughout high school and even worked two jobs the summer of the year I graduated just to save enough money to be able to afford to move away for college. My current academic plan is to obtain a Bachelor’s Degree from The University of Texas – Pan American and then continuing with my graduate studies by enrolling in the Master’s Degree Program upon graduation. By completing my academic plans, I can achieve my career goal of ultimately assuming a new leadership role of more significance which will position me with capacity to raise the bar of excellence and make a difference in the field of Education.

No comments:

Post a Comment